If so, you're in the right place.
Thinkific is great for delivering your course content to your students, but it's YOUR job to ensure that:
1. Your students keep moving through the course to get the intended result/transformation.
2. You can upsell new courses, memberships, other digital products, or services to your current customers and students.
3. You don't lose potential students who create an account on your Thinkific site but don't enroll in a course.
Yes, it's "free" for up to 2,000 subscribers, and if all you want to do with it is send the odd email newsletter to your subscribers then it's perfect...
it will be virtually IMPOSSIBLE to automate your online course business with it.
SO WHAT SHOULD I USE?
Convertkit is an email marketing software that is robust enough to handle an online education business, and it's easy enough to learn how to use - even for the technically challenged.
Convertkit also seamlessly integrates with Thinkific WITHOUT the use of 3rd party software needed to integrate Aweber or Mailchimp with Thinkific.
And it's only $29 / month for up to 1,000 subscribers.
SO NOW THE QUESTION IS...
"How do I set it all up?"
Great question! And here's the fun part...
A 2 week F.R.E.E. trial of Convertkit
4 different email automations for different use cases
Step by step tutorials for editing and customizing the automations
Template email sequences which you can customize for your business and brand
Full instructions for testing the automations so that you can confidently automate
BONUS - branded email template with instructions to customize
ABANDONED CART SEQUENCE
Thinkific has a 2-part checkout. On the first page, a potential customer creates an account. On the second page, they enter their credit card information and enroll in the course.
Unfortunately some of those potential customers will 'abandon the cart' - meaning that they'll create an account but won't complete their enrollment, which means that you lose out on a potential customer.
Maybe their baby started crying.
Maybe the price scared them off.
Maybe their internet connection broke.
In any case, you want a second chance to try to move them towards purchasing your course. At this point they're a hot prospect!
With the Abandoned Cart Automation we can pull them back into enrollment with strategic emails.
You may already be sending an email to your students when they enroll in your course...but then what?
Do you forget about them?
Leave them alone to stay motivated? Hope they make it through the course?
You could, but if they don't complete the course they won't get the intended result/transformation, won't purchase other courses from you in the future, and won't say great things about your course to others!
Are you dripping content to them? If so, you need to let them know when the new modules or lessons are available!
You need to help them keep moving forward, taking action, and working through the course to get the intended results or transformation, and you can do that through the Course Enrollment automation.
So the student has completed your course.
If they've completed the course and have achieved the intended result or transformation, they're MUCH more likely to purchase other courses, digital products, or services from you. They may even want to become one of your affiliates!
This automation prompts them to take the action steps to the next "thing" you're offering.
FREE PREVIEW > UPSELL
If you're offering a free preview of a few lessons in your course, in hopes that the student will purchase the full course, then you need to support this effort with email.
This automation will help them move from freebie-looky-loo to customer.
Are you doing an open/closed cart?
Starting cohorts of students at certain times?
If so, you want a waiting list of interested people ready to buy when you launch the next time!
This automation will help you set up a waiting list of those people, and allow you to build so much anticipation that they'll be hungry to buy when you launch again.
- How To Navigate
- 2 Week FREE Convertkit Trial
- Convertkit Resources
- Automation Use Cases
- Branded Email Template
- BONUS! How To Set Up Convertkit AND Branded Email Template
- Done-For-You Abandoned Cart Automation
- Tutorial - Abandoned Cart Automation
- Testing - Abandoned Cart Automation
- Done-For-You Course Enrollment & Course Completion Automations
- Tutorial - Course Enrollment & Course Completion Automation
- Student Reviews Link (for course completion email)
- Testing - Course Enrollment & Course Completion Automation
- Set Up Your Own Affiliate Program
- New Course Addition Checklist
- Done-For-You Free Preview > Upsell Full Course Automation
- Tutorial - Free Preview > Upsell Full Course Automation
- Testing - Free Preview > Upsell Full Course Automation
- Done-For-You Waiting List Automation
- Tutorial - Waiting List Automation
- Testing - Waiting List Automation
- Course Evaluation
- Get ONE MONTH FREE in The Course Creators Inner Circle
- Join Convertkit Club
How long do I have access to this course for?
You have access to this course for 365 days from the date of enrollment.
What is the cost?
$199 USD gives you 1 year of access to all the automations, tutorials, etc.
What if I need help?
The course is designed to walk you through, step by step BUT you also get access to The Course Creators Inner Circle for 1 month free when you sign up for the course! There you'll have access to Kim Garnett for any questions you may have.
I have more questions...
No problem! Send us an email at email@example.com and let us know what's on your mind.